1. He wrote a book about adventuring across Africa for six months with an ex-fashion model.
2. He once took steroids just to see what they would do.
3. He wrote a political novel whose contents included transvestite prostitutes and a damaging memoir by a candidate's ex-wife.
4. He once skied the North Pole.
5. He wrote an episode of the failed TV show Commander In Chief.
6. He also wrote episodes of Northern Exposure and I'll Fly Away.
7. He used to appear on Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher.
8. He wrote a book about traveling Europe in a vintage Mustang with someone else's girlfriend. Stevens went to 30 restaurants in 30 days.
9. He's an extreme sports enthusiast.
10. He once coached rugby in Switzerland.
11. The New Yorker once dubbed him "a Republican Renaissance Man."
12. He is featured in the George Clooney film "The Ides of March" bonus features in a segment called "What Does A Political Consultant Do."
13. He wrote a book about his journey on the Chinese-Afghanistan border, the ancient silk road, in which he retraced the 1934 journey described of classic travel-writer Peter Fleming in "News from Tartary".
14. While in Central Africa, he escaped being mugged by a gang of homeless people in wheelchairs.
15. He was a co-producer of the HBO show K Street.
16. He wrote a book called "The Big Enchilada" about George Bush's Presidential campaign.
17. He once wrote a story in The Atlantic defending President Obama's faith called "My Secret Life as A Muslim."
18. Warner Brothers bought his novel Scorched Earth. He also wanted to travel the length of the Nile River.
19. He studied English at Oxford University and film at University of California, Los Angeles.
20. He once biked the Raid Pyrnen, a grueling 450 miles along the Pyrenees Mountains that bikers have to finish in 100 hours.
21. He and fellow Romney consultants Alex Castellanos and Mike Murphy really hate each other.
22. He once wrote a scathing review of a Joe Klein book while at the same time saying he liked the liberal website the Daily Kos.
23. He worked as a strategist and ad man on Bob Dole's 1996 Presidential campaign
24. He worked on George Bush's 2004 campaign and helped Dick Cheney with debate prep.
25. He had great hair in high school in Mississippi.
26. He's biking pals with potential Romney VP Rob Portman and was Portman's chief strategist in 2010.
27. Growing up in Mississippi he played football, rugby, boxing and wrestling.
28. He describes his own political consulting vocation "a total profession of charlatans."
29. He's written pieces for the New York Times, Slate, The Atlantic, Outside Magazine, The New Republic, Washingtonian, and Esquire.
30. He delivered newspapers as kid in his town in Mississippi, including to the home of author Eudora Welty for whom his father did legal work.
31. He once played the role of Jim Lehrer in debate prep for George W. Bush's 2000 debate with Al Gore, which he practiced for by watching tapes of the anchor.
32. He starred in a series of Dos Equis commercials.